It was an epoch-making making event yet again as the National Lottery Trust Fund (NLTF) on Thursday, 26th, November, 2020 at Fraser Suites Abuja officially presented COVID-19 test kits to medical institutions in the six geo-political zones of the country.
The agency which by law establishing it as an intervention agency commissioned and presented COVID-19 test-kits, infrared thermometers, Aran Rava (N-95 face masks) and category 1 Personal Protective Equipment (PPE kits to select healthcare institutions across six geo-political zones of Nigeria.
Earlier in his welcome speech, the Executive Secretary/Chief Executive of the agency Bello Maigari warmly welcomed all the invited guests. He went down the memory lane to highlight numerous social interventions already carried out by the agency in the past. He stated that the global health challenge at the moment occasioned by the Covid-19 Pandemic has no doubt necessitated the intervention of his agency as aptly captured in her mission to improve the quality of life of the people through innovative investments in projects that are economically sustainable, creative, relevant and timely in response to a need or opportunity which offer long term benefit to society and give good value for lottery money.
In their separate remarks, the Honourable Minister, Federal Ministry of Special Duties, and Inter-governmental Affairs, Sen. George Akume and the Honourable Minister, Federal Minister of Health, Dr Osagie Ehanire lauded the good gesture. Many dignitaries graced the event.
Beneficiaries of the programme from the zones are;
- Federal Medical Centre Katsina, Katsina State
- Yusuf DanstohoHospital, Kaduna
- Federal Teaching Hospital,Gombe, Gomne State
- Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University Teaching Hospital, Bauchi
- University of Abuja Teaching Hospital, Gwagwalada- FCT
- St. John’s Hospital Gboko, Benue State
- University of Porthacourt, Teaching Hospital, Porthacourt Rivers State
- Irrua Specialist Teaching Hospital, Edo State
- University College Hospital, Ibadan, Oyo State
- Lagos State University Teaching Hospital, Lagos
- University of Nigeria Teaching Hospital, Itiku/Ozalla Enugu State
- Alex Ekwueme Federal University Teaching Hospital, Abakaliki, Ebonyi State.